Monday, September 13, 2010

How is it that I forgot I had a blog. Maybe because I tend to block things out and then realize later that yet another project in my life has gone unfinished. So this morning when I had the brilliant idea to start a blog called The Foodist Colony, I came across one that I had started well forever ago and just let lay there and atrophy. Unfortunately the name Foodist Colony was already taken. I know. How unoriginal of me right? So I said, well it is always to good to start new, so here I am. This blog will consist of the story of my life. Food. Well, it's not my entire life. I like other things too, but food seems to be the prevalent component of my life at this time.....so. Food it is.

AND THE FIRST RECIPE OF THE BLOG IS.....(drumroll please)...

Smoked Tuna Dip.

Ingredients:

1 8oz block cream cheese (Philadelphia is the best and no they did not ask me to say that)

1 tblsp Worcestershire (or werseger in Toyland) sauce

1/4 tsp Louisiana (I like it better than Tobasco (and no they didn't ask me to say that either))

1 tsp Garlic Salt

1 tblsp Liquid Smoke (this may be a bit much for some of you (wimps) but you can put less:)

1 can Albacore tuna (drained well) (no not trained because then they would be too cute and you would not want to eat them...although how does one go about training a tuna?)

First: put the cream cheese in a small sauce pan. Let it get all nice and creamy. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend them, blend them real good. Serve with Pita Chips cause their the bestest.

Now if you're like me and you like a bit more spice that just might wake you up in the middle of the night.....you can add more Worcestershire and Louisiana hot sauce and Liquid Smoke....just don't call me because I did warn you.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment