Monday, September 20, 2010


Well, excuse me for being a hopeless romantic. It’s hopeless I tell ya. I do, I do, I do believe in true love. Call me old fashioned, call me crazy, call me SueEllen, I don’t care; I love the idea of true love. Crazy, right?

I occasionally hang out with a couple of girls who are a bit my junior (much love Whitney, Amber, & Ashley)….ok so maybe they are more than a bit my junior but who’s counting? Anyway, we hang out and I have come to see that they feel the same way, so not only is it something that us old women want, it’s what the young’uns want too. Maybe it’s not something the modern woman likes to admit, but at least I am finally getting past my fear of saying it.

I want it. I need it. I want it to want me. I want it to need me (if that’s not a song it should be). I want to go to Italy and find my Lorenzo, my Romeo, or my Christian (thanks Brandy:). I am tired of being scared to admit wanting it, but I am not so desperate for this true love that seems to be so elusive that I will go out and just be with someone for the sake of being with someone. So I guess that is where the old fashioned me meets the modern feminist me. I know one day I will find it, but until then I guess I maybe need to banish romantic comedies that make me want to sell all my belongings and travel to the far ends of the earth just find something that might be in my own backyard (well not really my backyard cause all that’s there for me is a couple of donkeys and horses).

That’s it. No more watching these movies especially at that certain time of the month.

For all of you who have it, savour it. For those of you who thought you had it but found that it was a cheap imitation, savour the hope. For those of us who are still looking....savour the chocolate. Being single means you don't have to share.

So here is a slightly less healthy way to feel loved…Chocolate Cobbler.

Chocolate Cobbler

1 cup All-purpose Flour

2 teaspoons Baking Powder

¼ teaspoons Salt

7 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder, Divided

1-¼ cup Sugar, Divided

½ cups Milk

cups Melted Butter

1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract

½ cups Light Brown Sugar, Packed

1-½ cup Hot Tap Water

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

First stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.

Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.

Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8-inch baking dish.

In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (it should be 1/2 cup), the brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.

Pour the hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR! If you want to try a different twist on this you can pour coffee instead of water over the top to make a Mocha Chocolate Cobbler...mmmm, yeah gonna go make one now.

Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set.

True Love is Chocolate.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment